27 March 2012

Confused & disappointed

That's confused and disappointed as in "I'm not cross, but...."

My body is NOT behaving. After my hopeful moment, I continued to spot until I eventually marked it up as light flow on fertility friend and gave up til next month. I was pretty gutted, as at only 7 days, it's my first under 10 day luteal phase in months. I really thought I'd cracked it... Particularly cruel when we'd got the timing so perfect this month.

So I had a day of spottingish lightish flowish bloody something(ish) and now I'm back to barely spotting. So I've changed my mind and marked it back as spotting.

It's only day 9, and my temp went up again this morning so I did a test mainly because I could rather than with any kind of hope, but it was negative. I'm guessing my temps will drop properly in the next couple of days and I'll either have a proper period or I'll have to assume that I had an odd month and am already mid-cycle.

I guess I'll just have to wait a few more days and see, but I would have thought that if the bleeding was implantation it would have been a long enough wait for a faint line on a sensitive test. I'm no longer statistically pregnant, and I'm probably not actually pregnant either. I've already pretty much given up on this cycle, so just want to get to the nexy one so I know this a blip, not a return to short luteal phase.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this news.

    Have you seen a doctor about the regular spotting that you have been experiencing? What do they say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting blog. I had the same problem - luteal phase defect the doctor said. Was referred to a consultant who prescribed clomiphene, got pregnant straight away with it. Have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Interesting that you found somethng that worked. I had been managing it enough with acupuncture and B6 to think I was out of the woods with my luteal phase, so haven't really pushed. As I had endemetriosis in the past my doctor is open to me having another laparoscopy but doesn't seem interested in any other issues. And I need Mr to have tests before he'll refer me for the laparoscopy. Which he doesn't really get the urgency of as it's highly unlikely that it's him... Grr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chart looks goooooooooood at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello! Make a (possibly) pregnant lady smile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...